I’m a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in work with individual and couples; I see adults of all ages, from adolescence through mid life to the early senior years. Common concerns people come to me for help with include difficulties with self esteem, with living up to their fullest career potential, problems in their interpersonal relationships or their feeling states, or moods. I maintain a private practice in both Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA and in Andover, MA.
I’m an interactive, psychodynamic, problem-solving therapist; my approach provides support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address the personal life challenges they are facing. I integrate modalities and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. I always try to work with compassion, empathy, and understanding to help my clients build on their strengths and to attain the personal growth, resilience, and understanding they are committed to accomplishing. My training in psychology is enriched by the advanced post doctoral training I’ve completed in psychoanalytic psychotherapy which provides a firm basis for what I believe is effective, in-depth treatment.
Education and Training
- The Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute (completion of postdoctoral training in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy)
- The State University of New York at Buffalo (completion of doctoral degree)
- The City College of the City University of New York
- Bronx High School of Science
My involvement in psychotherapy and the psychoanalytic psychotherapy community is extensive and serves to enrich my practice:
- The Psychotherapy Task Force of the American Psychoanalytic Association
- The Editorial Board of the online journal Pedagogy and the Human Sciences.
- The Executive Council of the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, past member
- Co-Chair, Psychotherapy Department, American Psychoanalytic Association.
- Chair, Committee on Psychotherapist Associates of the American Psychoanalytic Association
- Massachusetts Association for Psychoanalytic Psychology, past member of the Executive Committee and the Program Committee.
- For a complete list of my professional affiliations, see Affiliations.
- Over the years I have been invited to present clinical papers at both the national and local levels.