How I Work
Whatever your initial impetus for seeking psychotherapy, my approach is always an interactive one, using a modern psychoanalytic context to understand your difficulties. While many people want help relieving or better managing long-standing issues rooted in the past, they also want present-oriented help resolving these troubles. Toward these ends, I do intensive insight-oriented work, but also use shorter, focused modalities as appropriate. What is most important is that the approach used is tailored to your unique situation and needs.
The people with whom I work come from many walks of life, and include:
- medical professionals
- psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers
- corporate officers
- small business owners
- students, graduate students
Using a combination of professional and personal skills that include insight, practicality, empathy and warmth, I help people understand and resolve difficulties and struggles they may be having whether in personal relationships, work, family, and/or career issues --- and find and maximize their strengths.
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology
- Advanced training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Consultation to other psychotherapists
- Clinical Supervision of other psychotherapists
- Leadership roles in professional organizations at both the local and national levels.
- More than a decade of writing and presenting clinical papers in a variety of venues
In short, I am an experienced, well-trained, caring clinician who works with integrity and dedication to provide the highest quality care.